Call for entries are now open for the first ever Slideluck London, ON!
Slideluck means Slideshow (Photography) + Potluck and is a non-profit community event which brings people together through food and art. Since 2000, Slideluck has been bringing events that combine a multimedia slideshow with a potluck dinner to over 100 cities and communities all over the world, featuring over 10,000 artists. In a time characterized by virtual communities and online relationships, Slideluck is dedicated to gathering people face-to-face for one inspiring evening. Send us your most engaging work!
Submission theme has been left open to remove any restrictions. We are looking for thought-provoking, fresh imagery in cohesive, thoughtfully composed bodies of work of 20-40 photographs. Slideluck London, ON will show 20 selected artists in the form of individual slideshows.
All photographic processes, genres, subjects, capture techniques and approaches to image construction are welcomed.
submissions are strongly encouraged. Genuinely passionate about film photography, Slideluck London, ON aims to be film’s best friend, also in celebration of 2017 being referred to as “the year that film returned”
Submission is open to all worldwide photographers, amateur or professional, emerging or established.
Submission fee: free (no fee)
Deadline: July 31, 2017
Notification: all entrants will be notified 7 days after the deadline.
For detailed guidelines and to submit your work please visit: http://slideluck.com/submissions/
(choose “London, ON” when submitting)
This call for entries is competitive; entrants are not guaranteed inclusion in the exhibition by submitting an entry. The curated selection is final.
GENERAL SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
The event is an excellent opportunity for the photographers who want to show their work in an unique context. We accept series of images accompanied by audio files or multimedia files. Follow the instructions here and send your work to Slideluck London, ON.
– Slideluck shows generally consist of 20-25 artists, with each artist featuring up to five minutes of original work.
– In most cases, this is a slideshow of between 15 to 40 images. We recommend 20 – 30 images.
– Every image must be at least 1024×768 pixels. We strongly recommend that you submit images that are 1080 pixels in height for maintaining the highest standards of quality. The width will be determined by the aspect ratio of your images.
– Every slideshow is set to music or an audio recording that the artist has selected. You will need to upload a music file during the submissions process. On average, each slideshow image will be projected for four seconds, so check that your audio track is longer than that time period multiplied by the number of submission slides (for example, a slideshow containing 30 slides would last approximately 120 seconds or two minutes – four times thirty equals 120). In some instances, the audio requirement may be waived or altered on specific calls for specific events. Please double check the details of the call! For copyright purposes, all audio included in submissions must be open-sourced. You can search for open-sourced music through resources such as the Free Music Archive or Creative Commons. Submissions containing copyrighted music may be subject to change by the Slideluck Team. Please contact us at email@example.com with direct questions.
– We generally accept all types of submissions, as long as the work can be represented fairly in a slideshow format. Please adhere to the individual theme or other requirements detailed in the individual call for entries from the particular city and event you are submitting to. Details about all our open calls can be found HERE.
– Along with your images, you will need to supply three additional slides- one with your name and the title of the project (if applicable), a music credit slide, and a slide with your contact info or representation.
– Pre-produced multimedia submissions are also welcome, as long as they fit within our guidelines and format.
-If you need help email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We accept only Quicktime .mov and .mp4 files with the following specifications:
– compressed with the h.264 codec
– at least 1024 pixels wide by 768 pixels high. We strongly recommend that you submit video at full High Definition resolution- 1920 pixels wide by 1080 pixels high.
– running 30 or 29.97 frames per second for events in North America and Japan, 25 frames per second in all other countries
– under 300MB
– no longer than 5 minutes, maximum
Please make sure that your piece begins with a clear title card, including your name, and ends with proper credits including contact information and music credit.
We cannot accept Soundslides files, flash files, or other formats.
DIGITAL IMAGE GUIDELINES:
File Type: JPEG
Pixel Dimensions: Minimum of 1024×768, we highly recommended to submit images that are at least 1080 pixels in height.
Please also make the following slides as jpegs at 1440 pixels wide by 1080 pixels high:
1 – Title slide with your name (and the title of the project if applicable) for the beginning of your slideshow
2 – Music credit slide
3 – End slide with your contact info or representation
Slideluck London, ON
Potluck | Photography Slideshow
August 17, 2017
Slideluck London, ON team: Anda Marcu, Moira McKee, VladM, Cliff Davidson, Tanaz Javan, Michael Greff.
[By entering, entrants automatically accept the conditions of
the competition; they grant Slideluck London, ON nonexclusive right to
use and reproduce submitted photographs (with the name of the
photographer and the title of the work indicated) for promotional (e.g.:
website and social media) and exhibition purposes. No royalties or
compensation will be paid for these purposes. All copyrights and
ownership of the works are retained by the photographer.]
Feel free to contact email@example.com if you’re having trouble.
For other information about the event send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org